Here's the style at H&M...
|Open Mind Fashion||
Although I've become pretty good at shoe surgery, I'm typically not so great at DIY projects. But Dawn from the Fashion Should Be Fun blog destroyed her own jeans into the latest cuff style--do you like it? Would you destroy your own?
From Fashion Should Be Fun blog...
Here's the style at Anthropologie...
Here's the style at H&M...
Have you ever wished you could take your blanket along with you when you left the house? Large scarves, plaid capes, & oversized ponchos are the trend as the weather turns cold. I've even seen someone bring along a stylish blanket to throw over her shoulders. What do you think?
From J. Crew & J. Crew Factory...
From Creation L...
Recently I went to a wedding, & I wore a new dress. Later, I wished I'd worn a different dress that I love but rarely get the occasion to wear. It got me thinking that it's better to own only one really special dress, which got me thinking that it can be a drawback to own more than one of many things, which got me thinking about what's the least you need.
If I had to pick one item that it seems I never have enough of, it's shoes. I say this because I can almost always come up with an outfit, but then I'm like "But what shoes will I wear with it?" One pair of shoes does not seem to suit every situation or outfit, & the wrong ones do seem capable of ruining an otherwise perfectly nice outfit (do you agree?).
So, anyway, here's my attempt at that list of the least we need. I'm on a (short?) shopping hiatus while I try to just wear my favorites in each category instead of buying more more more...
1. one dress that makes you feel beautiful for special occasions
3. one good pair of short boots or mary janes or flats or comfortable pumps (if there is such a thing) or all of these
4. one good pair of sandals (any color--I'm a fan of red ones like I'm wearing here that surprisingly go with almost everything) & a pair of flipflops
5. one pair of black pants
6. about 5 tops & shirts for work (pinstripe, gingham, floral, white, chambray)
7. one all-purpose skirt (I don't know that this is a necessity, but I think it is for me).
8. one t-shirt you love (I really have only one I really love)
9. one work-around-the-house outfit
10. one comfortable & flattering pair of jeans that can be worn casually or for a night out
11. one good coat--super warm & nice enough to wear for dressy situations >>
12. one lighter jacket, pullover sweater, or poncho >>
13. one super comfy pair of pjs
<< 14. one interview outfit (just in case)
15. exercise clothes & tennies
16. one swimsuit
17. one decent purse you can live with & one evening purse
18. a couple of these belts
19. And, of course, the items you have to buy regularly like tanks, bras, underwear, tights, hose, & socks
I thought about adding a pleather miniskirt--do you think we need that? >>
What would you add to my list?
So I'm not planning on getting rid of everything else I own (at least not yet) from having compiled this list, but I do think I'll try to wear more of my favorites & not buy more of these items until they truly wear out or I outgrow them.
It is our tradition to post a bunch of dresses that will let you eat & eat on Thanksgiving :-))
Post your comment or like a post on the OMF Facebook page. Like OMF for daily updates.
Tweet a comment & follow OMF