If I had to pick one item that it seems I never have enough of, it's shoes. I say this because I can almost always come up with an outfit, but then I'm like "But what shoes will I wear with it?" One pair of shoes does not seem to suit every situation or outfit, & the wrong ones do seem capable of ruining an otherwise perfectly nice outfit (do you agree?).
So, anyway, here's my attempt at that list of the least we need. I'm on a (short?) shopping hiatus while I try to just wear my favorites in each category instead of buying more more more...
3. one good pair of short boots or mary janes or flats or comfortable pumps (if there is such a thing) or all of these
4. one good pair of sandals (any color--I'm a fan of red ones like I'm wearing here that surprisingly go with almost everything) & a pair of flipflops
5. one pair of black pants
6. about 5 tops & shirts for work (pinstripe, gingham, floral, white, chambray)
7. one all-purpose skirt (I don't know that this is a necessity, but I think it is for me).
8. one t-shirt you love (I really have only one I really love)
9. one work-around-the-house outfit
10. one comfortable & flattering pair of jeans that can be worn casually or for a night out
12. one lighter jacket, pullover sweater, or poncho >>
13. one super comfy pair of pjs
15. exercise clothes & tennies
16. one swimsuit
17. one decent purse you can live with & one evening purse
18. a couple of these belts
19. And, of course, the items you have to buy regularly like tanks, bras, underwear, tights, hose, & socks
What would you add to my list?
So I'm not planning on getting rid of everything else I own (at least not yet) from having compiled this list, but I do think I'll try to wear more of my favorites & not buy more of these items until they truly wear out or I outgrow them.