2. Skirts, especially stretchy A-line ones, are more comfortable than pants. Much less work than trying to get pants to button up over an expanding middle.
3. But jeans (especially skinny) and most pants these days are meant to be worn skintight anyway. Good thing you gained weight so that they fit you right.
4. Take stock. What parts of your body actually look better with a little extra? Make the most of those parts with lower-cut or close-fitting tops. Try a statement necklace to draw attention to your neckline.
5. What parts of your body haven’t put on any extra girth? Your forearms? Your calves? Try elbow-length tops, calf-length pencil skirts, and capris (if you can get them done up).
6. To layer or not to layer? Even though layering adds bulk, it's worth it because layering camouflages & compresses. Just keep the under-layers thin and tight.
7. Heels--even just a low heel--will make you feel taller and thinner.
8. Be nice to other people. Put the focus on others, smile, be helpful. What makes you beautiful is who you are, not how you look.
What's your best tip for hiding a couple extra pounds?