Think of wearing sports gear. At first it may feel uncomfortable, but it quickly becomes a source of pride & identity.
Think about someone who's dyed her hair pink. The first day out is hard, but after that, it becomes commonplace.
So what is it that you want to get used to?
- Would you like to wear more dresses, but you never have, so you feel uncomfortable in them?
- Would you like to wear a more exotic or bohemian style--flowing skirts, draped fabrics? It's uncomfortable purely because it's not your usual style?
- Would you like to change your image to something more hip & current, but you don't think you'll feel comfortable in the latest fashions like tight skinny jeans?
- Do you wish you could wear an elegant but also dramatic scarf, but you're not comfortable making a statement?
- Do you have new clothes in your closet you bought for a certain look, but you don't feel comfortable in them yet?
- Are there colors you know look good on you like all black or red, but you're nervous about the power they convey?
But why not try it? At least for a day--even if it's a day you're just running errands. What you long for could become your signature style, something unique & special about you. You may gain a new sense of confidence from letting yourself shine. People will probably only notice or comment the first day since it's different than they expect, but then they'll get used to it, and so will you. And you may be very glad you did.